Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The lay of the land

So far, the weather here has been just glorious. It rains off and on, but when it isn't raining I get my tan on! This past weekend, I was able to go and see some landmarks and interesting places in Brasilia (I'm still working on pictures). One VERY unique thing here in Brasilia... every Sunday they shut down the major road that goes all the way through brasilia (kind of like their express way from one end of the city to the other) and have it open for people to run, walk, ride their bike, rollerblade, long board, etc. I started thinking about what it would be like to shut down 294 every sunday for all us Americans to get in a workout. :)

Yesterday was my first official day at Brasilia International School (BIS). I was placed in a 5th and 6th grade classroom in which I am already enjoying oh so so much! BIS is a PreK-12 school and has about 80 total students, most of which are children of Ambassadors, Missionaries, and Teachers from around the world. This morning was quite an experience just watching all of these tiny kids being chauffeured around in government vehicles. #jealous?

I've also been able to try a very wide variety of fruits and vegetables (prepared in ways that I've never even heard of)... I have yet to be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. On the open road...did you notice the guy running with your fanny pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish... that was a pretty valuable item to lose!

      Delete