Monday, January 9, 2012

I think blogs are lame, but my mom convinced me to make one

As many of you know, I'm getting ready to venture to the great country of BRAZIL (or as the spanish soccer channels say, bre-seel) in just a few days! Quite a few people have been asking about how to contact me while I'm there or keep in touch about my experiences so I decided this would be the best way!

Also in preparation, I have been encouraged by many to look into this new country and do some research before I get there. Here are some of the most important things that I found. If you have any other tips, PLEASE feel free to send them my way!

-Brazil is home to the widest road in the world (160 cars can drive side by side all at once).

- Brazil has more species of monkeys than any other country.

-Their currency has both horizontal and vertical pictures.

- The popular superfood, acai berry is grown in Brazil. (Kelsey-yes I'll bring some home so we can make more diet pills)

- Brazil has won the World Cup 5 times (more than any other country).

-Brazil has the 9th largest population of millionaires.


All that being said, I am so so so excited to see how God will work everything out. With less than 3 days leading up to probably one of the scariest things I've done in my life, there are still countless things that are up in the air.... It's a good thing we have a God who knows a lot more than we do. One verse that has been especially meaningful to me over these last few months is Proverbs 16:9. There are so many things that are unknown in our lives that we will encounter, but sometimes we just have to try to figure it out as best we can, then give it up for God to work out the rest...
"In their hearts, humans plan their course,
but the Lord determines their steps." -Proverbs 16:9

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to learn all about brazil over the next few months...but I am looking forward to making some super diet pills when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made this blog...and so jealous of the adventure you're about to go on! I look forward to hearing more. I'll pray for you every time I read your blog...so if you want lots of prayer, post a lot :) and then I can also vicariously live through you...it's a win-win situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time QT-Pie, your students will just love you to bits.

    Sir Blasco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll try to keep this updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! can't wait to hear about all your adventures. :) Can you do me a favor and figure out how to pronounce "acai" for me? I've always wondered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy! Its pronounced ah-sigh-ee. Hah I'm not sure if that makes sense... Whatever you say, don't say it ah-kai. That is the "American way" and it is WRONG! :)

      Delete