Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm in Brazilllllllll!

After 24 hours of traveling, one missed flight, 3 snoring traveling neighbors, one lost piece of luggage, and with the help of two very kind Brazilian women, I made it to Brasilia! Some great things about Brazil so far:

1. they don't make you take your shoes off when you go through security... this was extra exciting because I realized that I put on 2 different socks when I left Chicago on Thursday morning.

2. Homemade ice cream is a normal dessert to have daily after dinner.

3. Its 72 degrees right now, and it's 10pm.

Some no so great things about Brazil:

1. Apparently someone on the airport staff is a fan of ultra touristy- american flag- genuine leather- FANNY PACKS. One of my bags got lost going from new York to Rio. When it was dropped off this evening, it was clearly "searched" and a few things, including the fanny-pack,(which I got as a gift to make sure everyone here knew I was from the US) were missing. :(

2. For some reason, when I go on the internet here, my computer automatically thinks I speak portuguese, so every website I go to is a mini lesson in the portuguese language.

6 comments:

  1. haha i guess Brazilians know a good item when they see one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Security knew you must be an american from chicago if you have 2 different socks on. Just change the language on the computer to English...you can do that in the Control Panel section for (Regional & Language)Options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hah! Thanks for the help! I guess google also recognizes where you are so I had to go in and change everything back to US settings.

      Delete
  3. Sweets, we love you. What's the best address for you to receive mail? It's snowing again in M.G. Could be 6 more inches today. 1 Cor. 6:19, love Pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, make that 1 Cor. 16:9. You'll know why when you read it. You are loved.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe they searched your luggage.

    ReplyDelete