Saturday, March 10, 2012

50/50?

This is the amount of days until I will be able to drive again, and eat peanut butter by the spoonful, and wear t-shirts without feeling like a hobo, and not be looked down upon if I forget to shower one morning, and send text messages.
It is also the amount of days until I will NOT be able to teach 11 awesome 5th and 6th graders, and talk about Jesus with them whenever I want, and eat delicious and nutritious fruit that doesn't even exist in the US, and wear skirts and heels to school without feeling overdressed, and show up 15 minutes late and not feel guilty because the event hasn't even started, and play soccer at recess, and learn new words in Portuguese from Raquel that help improve my street smarts, and have so many laughs with my new big sister Dawna, and go running in the middle of the highway every sunday afternoon, and go through red lights like it's my job(or whoever is driving's job), and be able to learn from the love, hospitality, and desire to be a servant that each and every Brazilian that I have met, has had.

Tchau gente!






No comments:

Post a Comment